Welcome to the Hoops There It Is 2019 Summer Camp!
We are entering our 13th year, starting with 62 children over the course of three weeks, growing to over 400 campers in the summer of 2017. We take up to 30 players a week to keep training personalized and effective. After day one of camp (Monday), the coaches know your child’s name, strengths, and the areas in which they could improve. We get to know him/her as a person, in a small environment so everyone is closely monitored for safety and progress. Our staff is fully-trained in anti-bullying.
*Before and After-Care is available for an additional fee of $40 a week or $10 daily – Please email us if needed.
Camp Locations & Dates:
- 501 Green Lane, Union, NJ
- June 17th-21st
- Carl H. Kumpf Middle School
- 59 Mildred Terrace, Clark, NJ
- Back of building – Door #9
- June 24th – August 2nd
- Cranford Community Center
- 220 Walnut Ave, Cranford, NJ
- August 5th – 23rd
- Any week/weeks you sign up for now CAN be switched for any other camp weeks at the beginning of the summer
- Full-Day, 9am – 3pm Camp
- Coed Training Environment
- Ages 5 – High School Age (Beginners – Advanced)
- Personalized Instruction & Progress Reports
- Custom Camp T-Shirts
- Our 13th Annual Season
Important to Know:
- Payment for lunch can be made via cash or check on the first day of camp.
- If you need before or after care, please contact us via email – $40 weekly or $10.00 daily.
- Before care runs from 8:00am – 8:45am.
- After Care runs from 3:00pm – 5:00pm.
- Snacks are available for purchase daily ($.50 – $1.00 per item).
- Games are provided to the children during lunchtime.
- Please DO NOT bring your own basketball equipment to camp.
- We are now a Peanut-Free Environment (Please refrain from all nut products this summer).
- Every camper will receive a T-shirt and a Personalized Entrance & Exit Progress Report
- There will be a Family Evaluation sent home Thursday night.
- Every Monday you will be contacted for initial feedback on your child’s first day.
We’re looking forward to seeing you soon!
Hoops There It Is
Why our program has grown:
The lead coach of Hoops There It Is, Coach John McGuire, has taught public middle school social studies and math over the course of a 17-year career. He also started the “Gymademics” academic program which works with preschool to elementary school children. He has been the director of Hoops There It Is Knights program for the past 8 years, when it started as a 6th grade boys team and has grown to over 40 teams a year for both boys and girls, from 3rd Grade – High School. He coaches clinics, minicamps, and private trainings, and has been a heavily-involved community leader since 2003.
Coach Craig West, Mike Monohan, and Ron Roysters have become excellent additions to our staff over the past years, and we look forward to utilizing their experienced, knowledgeable influence within our program.